Oh man, this sounds exciting! I hope I'll get killed less than in the last Hexcraft.
HEXCRAFT: Harlequin Fair (DEMO)
A downloadable moonlit city for Windows
HEXCRAFT: HARLEQUIN FAIR
Crash back to the world as the servers go dark; a solitude season now ends with a start. Cryptic connections, dreadful deceptions — HEXCRAFT: Harlequin Fair.
Harlequin Fair is an experimental RPG and immersive sim set in the mooncast shadows of Toronto by night. Follow the footsteps of those who've gone before, digging through every nook and cranny of this ever-changing dynamic world as you try to escape from your baleful masquerade. Watch zones shift and develop as a motley cast of characters procedurally pursue their own thoughts, feelings, and goals. Featuring an extraordinary level of reactivity, Harlequin Fair blurs the line between simulation and role playing game. Cast dreadful spells, buy small arms with cash: cling to the light 'til the light bites you back.
This file is a brief demo — features of the full game include:
- A litany of simulated characters with their own thoughts, feelings, and goals, moving dynamically through the overworld
- A complex and multifaceted agent-based city simulation, responding to your actions in intuitive but unpredictable ways; no two playthroughs are ever the same
- Non-linear structure and interlocking systems enabling a diverse palette of playstyles and varied, creative solutions to conflicts
- Six major simulated zones to explore, change, and watch develop, alongside a selection of smaller locales
- A wide array of esoteric items to find, accumulate, and employ
- Homemade potions to help fight off the fiercest foes
- A spellbook full of strange bewitchments to exploit
Masquerade players despise revealing light, yet likewise loathe to linger always lonely: so come and dance in foredawn dark, and dream the world to come.
[HARLEQUIN FAIR ARRIVES SPRING / SUMMER 2021]
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
COOL RETRO GAME
good vibes psx retro :*
It was a fun demo, i wonder how the game will turn out
this is so cool! ngl i struggled a lot with the first hexcraft game but i feel like im really getting into this one! can't wait for the rest of the game to come out!